3.14.2006

New Snaps 03.14.06 - Recent Concerts Edition!



Well, this was my POV for a good portion of this past weekend. My exodus to the shore was therapeutic and tranquil, and besides that snap and some incredible home-cooked meals, I've got slightly sunburned legs to show for it. It wasn't really warm enough to hang out at the beach for long, and definitely too cold to swim, but I managed to sit for a few hours. It was virtually deserted, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. There's something about sitting on an empty beach that makes you feel like you own the world...

I also had some downtime to look in the archives, and I threw together these snaps from recent shows. Each show was excellent in its own right.

Enjoy... I'm gonna do a sudoku...


***************

Arbor Day & Tyson Meade, @ Cake Shop 2.24.06

This show was special, in that it was a birthday party for my good friend, Steve May. His longtime idol Tyson Meade (former frontman for both Defenestration and The Chainsaw Kittens, and a lifelong inspiration to Steve's artistic sensibilities) was playing his first show in some years, and the first Steve was ever able to attend. NYC favorite Arbor Day opened and backed Meade for his set, which was nothing short of a dream come true for both Steve and Arbor Day thereminist/trumpeteer/tambourinist Andy Levine. Needless to say, emotions ran rather high.









***************

Dalek, @ B.B. Kings 2.25.06

I've already spent enough NTG space lauding Dalek's latest record Absence, but this show was actually when I made that purchase. It continues to be an apt soundtrack for the hated month of March. The show was great, if not a tad wasted on the tepid B.B. Kings crowd.







***************

The World Blanket, @ The Delancey 3.4.06

You know whenever Pomranz plays a show, and I'm not on stage with him acting a damn fool, I'm in the crowd snapping relentlessly. This time around I took about a hundred, which is a modest effort on my part. His latest band, The World Blanket, blends an increasingly mature instrumentalism with the vibe of his early Fellers material. In short, it's real damn good.






















***************

Another day, another batch of New Snaps. Still working on that sudoku... And now I'm hungry. Time to heat up some leftovers from last night...

How 'bout some rightovers, for once?





*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger pomranz said...

your blog always puts us in such good company.

love the picks. i dumped them all over my personal mysapce page.

much love from the world blanket.

pom

3/14/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger JMP said...

Apologies for the mis-information, Ben. The post has been amended.

And much love returned to the World Blanket. "So So Alive" is my song du jour.

3/14/2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home