12.06.2005

At The VERY Least...

...I had to post something about that travesty of a game last night.

I'm not going to get into specifics about the game, but this week's pic is in the interest of finding the positive within the negative (trying to keep a sunny outlook, see?). Before the game, the Eagles, and really the whole city of Philadelphia AND the whole NFL, paid tribute to one of the fallen greats, Reggie White. His daughter, Jecolia, sang the national anthem before the game, and his famed number 92 was officially retired. It was a fitting tribute to one of Philadelphia's most loved athletes.



What would have been even more of a fitting tribute... Fuck it I'm not even going to get into it. Rather, I'll leave you with an anecdote.

Zack and I went to Town Tavern for the game. As much as I enjoy going there, there always has to be a small contingent (sometimes a contingent of 1) of Eagles detractors. Well, last night was no different, as there was a loud, jackass Seattle fan being a loud, jackass Seattle fan. I have learned to not let these people get to me, but as I mentioned in my last post, I haven't exactly been doing great lately. Lot on my mind. So, after each Seattle touchdown, the guy's cheering got louder, more asshole-ish, and more annoying to my frazzled state of mind. After their third one, while giving him the patented Joe Death Stare, I reached back to the table, grabbed the ketchup bottle, and took one step toward him before Zack grabbed my arm. We left at halftime. I don't know if I would have actually hit the guy, but chances are good I would have gotten my ass beat, and would have been banned for life from Town Tavern. So, thanks to Zack for preventing all that.


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't know there was so much violence simmering behind the Joe Death Stare. Now I know to be afraid, very afraid when I see it - especially if there is a bottle of Heinz 57 around. Kudos to Z for holding you back. Given the mood of the fans, one swing of the ketchup bottle would have started a riot at the TT. Picture McNabb jerseys shredded, TO jersey's burned, Eagles flags stomped on the floor, Eagles haters and die-hard fans pummeling each other, and the poor waitresses curled up and crying in the corner. All in all, an ugly scene. Maybe next week at the Giants game...

EJ

12/06/2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger heather said...

oh my GOSH you have GOT to update this thing before i go insane.
thank you.

12/12/2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home