11.15.2005

Eagles Pic Of The Week




Here I am. Embracing the pain. Not putting up a puppy picture. Happy, Ben? Happy to see me bask in the misery of watching the Eagles pull a Phillies move and choke at the last second? See how enlightened I am?

Granted, there ARE positives in every negative situation. Namely:

Akers is back - and he's this week's Pic. He's not 100%, but asking the man to kick a 61-yard field goal his second game back from a kicking-leg-hamstring pull is akin to asking Bush to spell his own name... he just doesn't have it in him, and we shouldn't expect it of him. But still, Akers is out there, working his ass off to help the team, fighting through the pain. And he's such a good kicker that if he had nailed that kick with no time left, the city of Philadelphia would have said they expected it all along, and it would be easy to believe it.

So is our running game - 181 yards, Westbrook with 86 of them and a touchdown, and McNabb ran one in for 6 as well (gracing the Link with a litany of touchdown celebrations: the Leg Kick, the Thriller, AND the Moonwalk).

T.O. is GONE - I've remained largely silent concerning the whole T.O. debacle, because I haven't really felt compelled to speak out. Rather, I've tried to transcend the soap opera nonsense and support my team, haters-be-damned. Now that we're in the aftermath stages, I'll simply say I'm glad and that we're better off as a team. Will it hurt not having that average 100 yards, 1 TD per game? Probably. Do I believe that the Eagles are a team that can battle back and win regardless? Absolutely. Last night obviously didn't exhibit that, but T.O.'s absence isn't what lost that game for us. And I'm pointing NO fingers, except my middle one at the sky in the direction of Dallas. As I said to a friend via email late last night... "I hope Jerry Jones catches herpes from one or more of the filthy hookers in his hot-tub-shaped-like-Texas-Stadium..." I said some other stuff too, but I'll stop there.

Just to make us all a tiny bit happier (at least me, Zack, and my brother), here's a parting Pic...





God Bless the Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders!


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

5 Comments:

Blogger JMP said...

Yes, certain individuals should monitor the purposes for which they use their collective balls.

11/15/2005 12:55 PM  
Blogger Ant said...

Otis, my man, thanks for the shot of the Eagles cheer bitch (I'll have the cleavage, er, the special). No, it doesn't take the sting out of the loss. Up 13 with three minutes to go should be enough. Everybody is dogging 5 for throwing the pick, but I wonder why they're throwing the ball in that situation anyway. That's on big red, not on 5.

T.O. is a punk, and dez needs to burn that camo shirt.

11/15/2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Is that cheerleader chewing on a mouthpiece?

11/16/2005 2:49 AM  
Blogger JMP said...

Jon - I don't think so, think those are just her porcelain veneers.

Ant - agreed on both counts. Also believe 86 should have caught that ball on the 20 which would have been a piece of cake FG for Akers with 3 ticks left.

nvsurly - that shit just ain't funny. Or right.

11/16/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger JMP said...

To YOU, perhaps, but I take it as an insult to my character and my family, and it just proves that you're a mean-spirited kid.

But at least you don't call yourself Julia and work at Boston Market.

:) Oh, Budget references, will you never get old?

11/16/2005 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home