4.15.2006

It's Hiatus Time!!!

That's right, NTGers... It's about time I got a different perspective on things for a little while.

See, I've had a lot of swirling thoughts lately. I'm perpetually bogged down with the great questions of life, like why the Flyers play the Chicken Dance song after their fourth goal during games at the Wachovia Center. I've been pondering this for nearly a month, until some light was finally shed earlier this afternoon as I watched them thoroughly trounce the hated, despised, much deservedly maligned New York Rangers. After the Flyers scored their fourth goal, the song began to play again. I commented to Zack about it, and within 30 seconds my phone rang.

"It's because they do a promotion at the Wachovia Center, where if they score four goals your ticket stub is good for a free Chik-Fil-A chicken sandwich," my sister said. She's always a fount of wisdom, answers to the hard questions.

I mean, I don't know how to feel about this. It's a marketing gimmick, which kind of sucks. But at the same time, I like chicken sandwiches... So I need to clear my head and re-assess it from different angles, view it through different lenses.

So I'm going to Europe for two weeks.

Another tough life question I'll ponder is, why would a movie studio want to change the name of the best-named film in about two decades? [Which of course is Snakes On A Plane, starring Samuel L. Jackson, and which, it is rumored, will include the line "I want these muthafuckin' snakes, off this muthafuckin' plane!" Imagine that line said by Samuel L, in FULL Samuel L mode, and tell me you're not excited! READ EXHAUSTIVELY ABOUT THE MOVIE HERE.

I'll also see my good friends Nowell and Sadie tie the proverbial "knot." The trip will culminate in a week spent on a villa between Florence and Pisa, and the week before that I'll be making my way from Amsterdam to Italy by an unsure path. We'll see...

It may happen that I pass by an internet cafe long enough to send a snap or two, but if that doesn't happen, don't feel offended! I'll be back soon with ample pictures and stories to share... Until then, stay well, stay inspired, stay Grandiose!


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home