7.13.2005

New Snaps 7.13.05

As usual, this is a mish-mash of snaps from the past month or so...

This is usually the part of the post where I engage in some witty banter with you fine folks... Maybe I'd make some comment that would randomly refer to a certain picture or image, and then I'd paste that image below, as such:


[*editor's note: Many thanks to Raphael for granting NTG the use of his likeness.]

Then there's usually some kind of off-hand comment, which awkwardly leads into the snaps themselves. But the problem is, I haven't really got that much to say this morning. I suppose you could say my mind is elsewhere.

Maybe I'll skip work and go to Midnight Express... While I do that, have a gander at the snaps!


***************

Words of Wisdom



I was at a friend's recently, and this was sitting on her coffee table. I felt the need to capture the nugget of wisdom someone had left. It's true, we don't.


***************

Homage to Kubrick



There's something about long, vacant hallways with dim fluorescent lighting that always calls Kubrick to mind... I half-expected to round a corner and see twin girls in blue dresses.

"Come and play with us, Joe... forever... and ever... and ever..."

***************

My Own Personal Dojo



Every aspiring ninja needs a place to work out. This is mine. It's a perfect square, with a ground of warm stone and a wall of trees around the perimeter. I especially like doing kata here, because it feels like a Shaolin temple.

You can not stop the Legion of Dr. Action. You can only hope to contain us.

***************

The Hard Questions at Philadelphia International Airport



I heard Philadelphia Airport was recently featured on Fox 29's 10:00 News for its lack of goddamn tissue covers. It's a problem that's sweeping the city. Thanks, Mayor Street! Way to force everyone at the airport to lay toilet paper down! Asshole.


***************

Herr Franklin?



This is another from Philly Airport, specifically from inside the Independence Brew Pub. My question is, why is Ben Franklin wearing traditional German attire? Is it because he's being associated with beer? Is all beer associated with being German? I'm confused here...

***************

Lindsay



Tell me this isn't precious. I have no idea how it didn't make it into my wrap-up of the North Carolina trip.


***************

The Toy Room



I snapped this during my nephew Ryan's birthday party, about a half-hour after Hurricanes Ryan, Andrew, Caitlyn, Shaylin, and Justin swept through the home. The destruction was widespread, almost uprooting plastic basketball hoops and overturning Tonka trucks. North Carolina Governor Mike Easley pledged relief to the devastated residents of the town of Apex.


***************

Dawkins, At His Most Prehistoric



Not to browbeat pictures of Dawkins, but I just think he's a cool-ass-looking fish. He rarely raises that ridge along his back, but when he does he looks like something out of the Mezozoic period.


***************

Subway Graffiti, cont'd



Uh, I think what we're supposed to learn from this one is that G-Stone is stone cold... to the bone. We'll keep that in mind, G-Stone.


***************

St. Marks, 4th of July



More evidence of my penchant for photographing graffiti...


***************

This Is Some Good-Ass Cheese!



I have eaten goat cheese, and I'll testify that it is the most exciting cheese on the planet.


***************

Paul's Boutique



Andy, Ben, and Steve pay homage to the Beastie Boys. How many millions of mid-20's white dudes have enacted this same exact picture?


***************

They Stole My Idea!



Okay, Fox, I want some kind of royalty or restitution. I saw this in a store window on the way to work the other day. Years ago, I was saying to a friend that I thought a good Onion headline (one with a photo but not linked with a whole article) would be a picture of a guy in an American Flag t-shirt, slouching on a couch surrounded by various foods, with the headline "American Idle." I don't care if I never did anything with the idea, the fact that it was in my head makes it exclusively mine. Pay me, Fox! Pay me!!!


***************

That's it for this time around. I usually close these out with something cool I found in my most recent internet wanderings, and this time's no different.

Until next time, keep it grandiose!


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home