6.28.2005

New Snaps 6.28.05: North Carolina Edition

Ahhhh, vacation...

I just got back from a long weekend kickin' it in North Carolina, the land of tobacco, pharmaceuticals, perpetual construction, and Little Brother. The reason for the visit was to celebrate my nephew Ryan's 3rd birthday, and to meet my new niece Lindsay.

Here's some of the brief highlights from the trip, including the obligatory "from the airplane window" snaps:







The night I got there, we took it easy and watched the Mets/Yankees game. It's always nice to be reminded that cable does exist, even if I don't have it myself. It's also nice to see Joe Torre pay direct homage to Al Bundy in front of millions of viewers:



I got to spend a good deal of time with Ryan while I was there. He's super-intelligent with a goofy sense of humor, and he's not afraid to tell it like it is. When I told him that on the Silly Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the silliest), he was a 12, he matter-of-factly responded that he was, in fact, a 7, whereas I am an 8. He then informed me that I am a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Until he said that, I had no idea... but it does explain my ravenous appetite. He's a perceptive kid.

Here he is playing hide-and-seek:



It's become a recent trend that new additions to my family are the ONLY reason for me to be clean-shaven. Seriously, it happens maybe once a year. The last time was back in September when my sister's son Colin was born. So, loving readers, enjoy it in these pics, but don't get used to it.

At any rate, this is Lindsay:





Ryan is completely enamored with his new little sister, and he loves to hold her. The cute-ness meter on my Pentax damn near blew taking this one:



On Saturday we had Ryan's birthday party:


Kristin, Anthony, Lindsay, and Ryan.


The Godparents, Heidi and Joe.


Ryan blowing out his candles...


...and devouring his cupcake.

A brief word on this game:



Crocodile Dentist. The object of the game is to press down the crocodile's teeth without his mouth snapping shut, hopefully leaving just a single tooth. It's a simple enough formula, but there were times over the weekend when, even without Ryan's prodding, I found myself compulsively playing it. This thing is almost as addictive as my Electronic Handheld Yahtzee game. If at any time in the next few months, any of you happens to be in my apartment and see this sitting on my coffee table, call Social Services and get me some help!




*****N*T*G*****

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots and creative commentary! The cyberprints are fun to view, but I implore you to provide in-hand-prints upon your next visit to home base!!!

With love from the "Lady with the Big Black Dot"

7/13/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger JMP said...

Thanks, anonymous commenter! I'll try to get some prints developed within a few days.

Wow, it's almost like you know me... Like, you're my Mom, or something...

7/13/2005 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home