10.19.2005

Ben & Aimee's Kitchen



Ben and Aimee live in a large 1-bedroom on the upper east side. Ben has lived there since well before I moved to the city, and his couch was my temporary home during my initial move here. Since then, I've hung out there very regularly, and crashed on the couch again numerous times. I almost view their place (which shifted from "his" to "theirs" once Aimee moved in) as a second home, aided in no small part by its warm, comfortable, almost anachronistic nature.

Ben told me last week that he and Aimee will be moving in early November, to a two-bedroom in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. That means, sadly, that they'll no longer be a mere 5 minutes on the 6 away. Of course I wish them the best, and will obviously continue to see them all the time, but I can't help but feel a part of my New York history is vanishing, too. I'll miss being in their place, but I know that their new one will have a charm all its own, yet to be determined.

I unleashed Pentax on their kitchen the last time I was there. Here are some of the results... I think you'll see what I mean about it being anachronistic...































*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger kevimkujik said...

some great household pics. everything looks better in B&W.
keep up the good work.

10/19/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger JMP said...

Thanks scotia! Hope you stop by again soon.

10/19/2005 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home