5.31.2005

Memorial Day Weekend: L.I. Style, Son!

Here's some snaps from my weekend recording with RJ115 at Russo's place in Long Island (Merrick, for those of you wondering).



What kind of American holiday weekend would it be without a barbecue and cheap domestic beer?




I snapped this without realizing my lens cover was stuck half-closed. It turned out looking kind of cool though. That's been my experience lately...my accidental pictures usually turn out to be some of my favorites.




The master at work.




I think the dynamic of this picture is pretty funny; John's at the board drinking a Bud Light, Zack is at the keyboard directing John's recording while he plays, Cory is in mid-yawn, and I'm running around taking pictures of everything.




When we needed a break from recording we checked out various cool spots around Russo's place. Sunday afternoon we went to Wantagh Park, which sits on a little inlet by the Long Island Sound. I liked the image of Zack and Cory against this veritable wall of clouds.




This looks like our answer to Abbey Road (although I'm not in it, and we're walking the wrong direction). I like how the dudes are all looking at the sunbathing girl.




Again, an accidental picture. I didn't even notice the guy out-of-focus in the background. This picture looks like a movie still, and Zack's character is about to jump out of the car and go knock that guy out.




It must be emasculating to go from being the most feared and ruthless dude across many galaxies, to shilling for snack crackers. Darth must have needed a check. [Found but not photographed in the same grocery shopping trip: Darth Vader Fruit Snacks.]


*************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home