5.15.2005

The Tulip Garden

These photos are in Central Park's Conservatory Garden, on the Eastern edge of the park at 106th Street. My roommate Zack and I walked all around the very Northern part of the park yesterday, never venturing below 100th Street. We were struck by how it was almost a forgotten part of the park; despite the weather being gorgeous, relatively few people were out enjoying it. There are some jagged rock outcroppings up there with a cool view of East Harlem, so we hung out and watched life happen for a little while.

On the way out of the park, we found the garden. To the best of my admittedly meager botanical knowledge, the garden is wreathed entirely with tulips, my mom's favorite flower. Since the good people at 1-800-FLOWERS decided not to deliver the tulips I ordered for my mom on Mother's Day, I decided to go back this afternoon and take some photos.

Happy Mother's Day, mom!

[THE READING PUBLIC: Awwwwwwww!!!]















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home