8.11.2005

New Snaps 8.11.05

Have you felt neglected?

Even if you haven't, I feel kind of like I haven't been paying as much attention to m'blog as much as in recent weeks (despite the recent flurry of activity in the past day or so). I suppose things have been busier than usual... Then again things around here are always busy. Life's like that. Sunrise, sunset. And they had no bananas.

Speaking of bananas, I feel like I've been telling a lot of people about my official Top 5 Nemesis Foods List lately. And number one (with a BULLET!!! p-kew!!!) on that list is... you guessed it...

1) BANANAS
2) RAISINS
3) PICKLES
4) COCONUT
5) MUSTARD

There is some degree of story/explanation behind each of these... but that's a post all to itself. We're not here to talk about everything I despise from bananas to mustard! We're here to talk about New Snaps! Get your hand out of that mustard jar, fatty!


***************

My trip home to Pennsylvania yielded quite a few snaps. I find that a lot when I'm home, I like to just walk around my neighborhood and see what grabs me. Photographically speaking, that is.


This Is A Dandelion. For The Ladies.



Not really much to say on this one. It's a dandelion. For the ladies.


The Face On The Stone



I don't know what it is... maybe it's just the way my psyche works, but I feel like I pick out faces within everyday images. I snapped this because I thought the arrangement of the stepping stones looked cool. It wasn't until after uploading the picture that I noticed the little face pattern on the second stone. It's obviously nothing more than little bits of grass, but to me it looks like a face. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Maybe I'll do a post someday of a collection of these "face" images...

Maybe I should shut up and get on with the snaps...


Colin, Taking After His Uncle



Not only is this kid inquisitive, he's strong too. He got a hold of Pentax's lariat and yanked, almost pulling it out of my hand. It's nice to see him grabbing for a camera though... Never too young to start...


***************

My Psyched-Out CD Art



A number of times lately, my co-worker Jared has called upon my artistic skills (?) on CDs he burns for friends. This is a recent one, a copy of the Zombies' 1965 album "Begin Here." I think it's an improvement over their original cover art.


***************

Dinner In Little Italy



There's something just plain great about sitting outside on a summer night gorging oneself on Italian food. This time around we packed about 15 people, most of whom I didn't know, around a long table outside Benito 1 in Little Italy.


Painting With Light, #1 and #2





In between bites of my fettucine bolognese, I made use of the Little Italy decor for some of my favorite kind of shot, painting with light. Yet another series I should do someday...


***************

Untitled



This one just kind of is what it is...


***************

Jackson. ZACK Jackson.



While relaxing over some beverages one evening, Zack donned my sunglasses, and of course made them look cooler than I ever could. And to think I picked them up for five bucks off a table on 116th Street. You can keep your $390 Dolce & Gibanas. We reppin' East Harlem, son!


***************

Cait And Joe, Fangoriously Devouring Each Other



Friends and acquaintances have been asking (nay, clamoring) to see a picture of this new mystery lady in my life. So here we are. Devouring each other. Fangoriously. Man, my teeth look really weird. Is that really what my teeth look like? That's terrifying... seriously, stare at my teeth for 60 seconds, and tell me they don't look terrifying. I defy you!

I also defy you to keep an eye out for some of Cait's photographic handywork in our next edition of New Snaps!

[And immense thanks and respect go out to Mr. Jackson for his photography skills on this one. He captured the fangorious devouring in all its terror.]


***************

That's a wrap for this time around... Thanks for sticking it out. EXTRA-special thanks go out to our regular readers (all four of them), those kind souls who've lately been informing me that they check the site on a daily basis. That makes me happy, thinking I can give at least a small handful of people a little bit of enjoyment. I do what I can.

Speaking of which, I seem to now have a number of these "theoretical" posts to work on... But first things first... I'm going to bed.

JMP OUT


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Joe: Partly cause you graffiti watch has been going slow and partly cause I couldn't help myself:

one more snap

xoxoxo

Fischer

8/11/2005 2:47 AM  
Blogger JMP said...

Brava, my friend...... Brava......

8/11/2005 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home