7.23.2005

New Snaps 7.23.05

[***Check out the bottom of this New Snaps for info on the First Ever Nothing Terribly Grandiose "What Is It?" Contest! And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with CRISPIN GLOVER.***]



What the fuck are you still doing up?

Why, working on the latest edition of "New Snaps" of course! And watch your mouth Jackson, my mom reads the page.

So what the fuck's up, people? I know one thing that is... me. Or "I," to be grammatically correct. For mom.

I came home from a late day of work, did a face plant on my bed, and then woke up around 11:45. I got in about four hours, which is survive-able, for me. It's not far from my standard these days anyway, so I've been awake since then staring googly-eyed at various hundreds of my pics. I'm working on compiling a folder of snaps in consideration for the Favorites 2005!

[For you NTG neophytes, I select 100 of my favorite pictures every year, from the thousands of pictures I take. This will be the tradition's second year. Check out Favorites 2004 here.

And in doing so, I managed to compile these snaps. A few of them were taken just tonight (the timestamp on that one of Zack is 4:19am, and I was just getting started) within the confines of my apartment/fire escape. Sometimes the Pentax gets a mind of its own, and just starts snapping... and does... not... STOP...


***************

Here's a few from the escape tonight:


East Harlem Moon



Right across from my bedroom window, the nearly full moon rose up.


Morning Bird



This bird hung out on the roof of that building for a long time. He kept walking back and forth, flying little puddlejumper missions along the edge.


The Walker



This was one of the lonely souls awake with me.


***************

The Reservoir



This was from a recent meander through the park with a friend of mine. Wouldn't you know, this dude just walked right into the shot I was taking? Fine, dude... be immortalized, then.


***************

Significance?



From that same meander. Green bananas and fruit making up a peace symbol, all surrounded by Fruit & Nut bars? Am I missing something or is it just po-mo?


***************

Guitar Fingers



The G stop in Greenpoint, after a night at the practice space. This is usually what they look like after jamming.


***************

May's Phone Number



I was out on a location scout with work, riding around in my boss' phat Escalade. Someone had scrawled a phone number into the dirt on his door, under the name "May." I wonder if May owns a car wash...


***************

Ben and Tom



I could easily explain what's happening in this shot, but I'll leave it unspoken. You figure it out.


***************

What Is It?



Okay, we here at NTG are going to have a little fun with this... kind of as a gauge to see who's checking us out and how sharp their collective eye is. This is the official First Nothing Terribly Grandiose "What Is It?" Contest. If you can wager a guess at what this picture is, you will win... drumroll please... $1. That's right, one entire US dollar. Simply contact us via EMAIL with your guess. Guesses will be accepted until 9am, Friday July 29, 2005. The first person to enter a correct guess will be awarded the $1 grand prize!


Start guessing!


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home