8.16.2006

...But It's Been an Interesting Couple of Months

Sooo...

That "interruption" I mentioned inadvertently turned into a hiatus. I didn't do it on purpose!

My apologies to those who have been checking back, feeling like I stranded them in Germany. The NTG Travel Diaries will continue... I hear you moaning, readers, and I promise I am not bullshitting you. I do intend to finish them. I'm just not certain when.

So what, exactly, has been keeping me from posting for the past 85 days?

When I last left you, I was awaiting imminent tonsil surgery. This turned into a ludicrous non-event due a very last-minute financial snafu which amounts to me discovering that my health coverage was worth the combined contents of my colon. So here I sit, still with a pair of large tonsils just itching to come out. Sometime in the next three decades, probably. On the heels of that, I quit the job. This is also more convoluted than is worth devoting language to here.

But, suffice it to say, I have just been sort of wandering around life and the city for two months or so. I suppose it's a head-clearing measured that I need to experience once in awhile. I spent a lot of the last three years very tense, in a dark editing room. I needed to get back to the light a little bit, especially this time of year.

Also, back in the whirlwind spring, I started hanging out with a remarkable woman named Ana. And, we haven't really stopped since then. So you may hear her name pop up from time to time.

The good thing about existing in this state is that I have gotten back into taking some snaps, which was ultimately the reason I started NTG to begin with. I sort of fell off the snap-radar there for awhile, but I'm carrying my camera more these days and that can only mean one thing... Stay tuned for some NEW New Snaps! Some cosmetic changes to the site may be in the mix as well... We'll see how ambitious I feel over the next few weeks...

In the meantime, thanks for continuing to check back, faithful NTGers! Much love and respect,


~JMP


*****N*T*G*****

Never hesitate to comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home